I made a little list of wellness habits we can all add to our lives to nurture ourselves- mind, body, and spirit. Remember, experts often say it takes 21 days to form a new habit so give things time to adjust into your lifestyle if you are new to some of them. Everything on this list is something I strive to do myself and to teach my kids about.
1. Keep a gratitude journal. Write in it daily if you can. Choose 3 things a day that your are grateful for and write how they affected your day for the better. or try a monthly journal with prompts to get you productive, creative and reaching goals easier.
2. Scent your bedroom with a relaxing essential oil before bed to help you unwind and drift off easier.
3. Grow organic herbs and fruits and veggies so you always have them around. You can get seeds here.
4. Practice yoga at least weekly. The benefits to mind, body, and spirit are enormous.
5. Walk daily at least 20-30 minutes. A brisk walk is best. This boosts mood and gets the heart pumping and muscles moving.
6. Get outside in nature at least 30-60 minutes a day. The therapeutic benefits are well known for grounding and to help with stress.
8. Research CBD (or ask your doctor to make sure it’s right for you). It works for many people in many ways.
9. Meditate every day even if it’s 5 or 10 minutes (try the Calm or Insight timer apps!).
10. Do at least one act of kindness daily. Anonymous ones too. You will feel so good creating this habit!
11. Get 7-8 hours of deep rest in a dark cool room. We all know how important this one is. If needed, add this all natural sleep aid from MindBodyGreen , Sleep CBD blend from Calm by Wellness, or magnesium lotion.
( if sleep is your biggest issue, read more here )
12. Pick up a new healthy hobby to do at least once a week. Follow a passion. It could be painting, gardening, knitting, crafting, or whatever sets your heart on fire.
13. Be offline more. Don’t get caught up in social media too long (remind yourself or set a timer when online for short periods of time).
14. Add more whole foods, garlic, raw veggies, and fruits to your daily diet.
15. Read a book a month at least. Fiction or nonfiction, it doesn’t matter. Expand your mind.
16. Choose natural skin and body care made with ethical ingredients you feel good about.
17. Drink water or lemon-infused water each morning.
18. Choose healthy drinks like organic tea and pomegranate juice over soda or lattes.
19. Add light weights to your exercise twice a week. Resistance training keeps muscles from atrophy and is especially important as we age.
20. Get social as much as possible. Whether in person, Zoom, texts, calls. Stay connected to feel better.
21. Smile more. Even when you don’t feel like it. Research shows it tricks our brains into believing we are happier … thus, more happiness. It’s an easy pick-me-up. Be grateful for each day.
You might like The Pillars of Health